New Haven County Section 8 (Connecticut)

New Haven County Housing Authorities manage the federal Section 8 program offered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. A Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families, including rental housing, rental assistance programs, and New Haven County Section 8 housing choice vouchers in New Haven County, Connecticut. The housing vouchers can be used to pay for single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments, and New Haven County Housing Authorities can help determine eligibility for services, complete a Section 8 application, and they may distribute Section 8 benefits. Housing Authorities provide information on New Haven County low-income housing, including Section 8, on their website.

Ansonia Housing Authority Ansonia CT 36 Main St 06401 203-736-8888

Branford Housing Authority Branford CT 115 South Montowese Street 06405 203-481-3194

Cheshire Housing Authority Cheshire CT 50 Rumberg Road 06410 203-272-7511

Derby Housing Authority Derby CT 101 West 4th Street 06418 203-735-6652

East Haven Housing Authority East Haven CT 250 Main St 06512 203-468-3287

Guilford Housing Authority Guilford CT 32 Guilford Court 06437 203-453-6262

Hamden Housing Authority Hamden CT 51 Worth Ave 06518 203-248-9036

Meriden Housing Authority Meriden CT 22 Church Street 06451 203-235-0157

Milford Housing Authority Milford CT 75 Demaio Drive 06460 203-877-3223

Naugatuck Housing Authority Naugatuck CT 53 Conrad Street 06770 203-723-9201

New Haven Housing Authority New Haven CT 360 Orange Street, Ste 1 06511 203-498-8800

Seymour Housing Authority Seymour CT 28 Smith St 06483 203-888-4579

New Haven County Town and City Halls provide a range of municipal services for their residents, including low-income housing assistance. In some areas, the Town or City Hall distributes New Haven County Section 8 housing choice vouchers offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Town and City Halls provide information on qualifying for Section 8 support, accessing Section 8 benefits, and paying for single-family homes or apartments with Section 8 vouchers in New Haven County, Connecticut. They may also provide other rental assistance programs for qualifying New Haven County individuals and families. Town and City Halls provide Section 8 information on their websites.

Bethany Town Hall Bethany CT 40 Peck Road 06524 203-393-2100

Branford Town Hall Branford CT 1019 Main Street 06405 203-488-8394

Derby City Hall Derby CT 1 Elizabeth St 06418 203-736-1462

East Haven Town Hall East Haven CT 250 Main Street 06512 203-468-3890

Hamden Town Hall Hamden CT 2750 Dixwell Avenue 06518 203-288-4444

Madison Town Hall Madison CT 8 Meeting House Lane 06443 203-245-5667

Meriden City Hall Meriden CT 142 East Main Street 06450 203-630-4123

Middlebury Town Hall Middlebury CT 1212 Whittemore Rd 06762 203-758-2557

Milford City Hall Milford CT 110 River Street 06460 203-783-3201

Naugatuck Town Hall Naugatuck CT CHURCH St 06770

New Haven City Hall New Haven CT 165 Church Street 06510 203-946-8200

North Branford Town Hall North Branford CT 909 Foxon Road 06471 203-484-6015

North Haven Town Hall North Haven CT 18 Church Street 06473 203-239-5321

Orange Town Hall Orange CT 617 Orange Center Road 06477 203-891-2122

Oxford Town Hall Oxford CT 486 Oxford Road 06478 203-888-2543

Prospect Town Hall Prospect CT 36 Center Street 06712 203-758-4461

Seymour Town Hall Seymour CT 1 1st Street 06483 203-888-0519

New Haven County Veterans Affairs Departments provide services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. Local branches of the VA provide New Haven County housing assistance to veterans who meet eligibility requirements, including Section 8 benefits offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Veterans can access New Haven County Section 8 benefits, apply for Section 8, or apply for other housing assistance programs through the VA in New Haven County, Connecticut. Section 8 housing choice vouchers can pay for homes, townhouses, and apartments. Veterans can learn more about their housing service options, including Section 8, through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Charles W Wood Veterans Of Foreign Wars Post 10321 Hamden CT 403 Morse Street 06517 203-773-3967

Derby Veterans Community Center Derby CT 35 5th Street 06418 203-735-4222

Disabled American Veterans Meriden CT 80 Hall Avenue 06450 203-238-3113

Disabled American Veterans Derby CT 63 Smith Street 06418 203-735-3832

Meriden Veterans Services Center Wallingford CT 45 South Main Street 06492 203-294-2165

US Department Of Veteran Affairs-New Haven Vet Center Readjustment Counseling Service West Haven CT 141 Captain Thomas Boulevard 06516 203-932-9899

US Department Of Veteran Affairs-West Haven Campus West Haven CT 950 Campbell Avenue 06516 203-934-7296

Veterans Affairs Department West Haven CT 487 Campbell Avenue 06516 203-931-0460

Veterans Of Foreign Wars Branford Memorial Post No 10186 Branford CT 99 Indian Neck Avenue 06405 203-483-7413

Veterans Of Foreign Wars Post 591 Wallingford CT 23 Prince Street 06492 203-269-7114

Veterans Of Foreign Wars Post 7666 Guilford CT 104 Mill Road 06437 203-453-9252

Veterans Support Foundation New Haven CT 1 Union Avenue 06519 203-931-0887

Veterans of Foreign Wars Madison CT 85 Lovers Lane 06443 203-245-9938

Veterans of Foreign Wars Northford CT 1038 Middletown Avenue 06472 203-239-1188

Veterans of Foreign Wars Naugatuck CT 239 Rubber Avenue 06770 203-729-8068

New Haven County Social Services Departments provide a range of support services, including housing assistance and housing choice vouchers, also known as Section 8. Local Social Services offices connect residents with federal programs, such as Section 8 benefits for low-income families and individuals, which are provided through the Department of Housing and Urban Development in New Haven County, Connecticut. They can help individuals apply for New Haven County Section 8 benefits, determine eligibility for housing assistance, and distribute Section 8 vouchers. Social Services may also accept applications for low-income housing assistance, and they provide information about these services on their website.

Cheshire Social Service Department Cheshire CT 84 South Main Street 06410 203-271-6690

Connecticut State Social Service Department Waterbury CT 249 Thomaston Avenue, Ste 1 06702 203-597-4000

East Haven Social Service Department East Haven CT 250 Main Street 06512 203-468-3303

Madison Social Service Department Madison CT 10 School Street 06443 203-245-5655

Meriden Social Service Department Meriden CT 55 West Main Street 06451 203-974-8000

Southbury Social Service Department Southbury CT 561 Main Street South 06488 203-262-0653