Walker County Section 8 (Alabama)

Walker County Housing Authorities manage the federal Section 8 program offered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. A Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families, including rental housing, rental assistance programs, and Walker County Section 8 housing choice vouchers in Walker County, Alabama. The housing vouchers can be used to pay for single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments, and Walker County Housing Authorities can help determine eligibility for services, complete a Section 8 application, and they may distribute Section 8 benefits. Housing Authorities provide information on Walker County low-income housing, including Section 8, on their website.

Carbon Hill Housing Authority Carbon Hill AL 316 Northeast 6th Street 35549 205-924-4171

Cordova Housing Authority Cordova AL 205 Stewart Street 35550 205-483-7454

Dora County Housing Authority Dora AL 2084 Horsecreek Boulevard 35062 205-648-5963

Jasper Housing Authority Jasper AL 1005 Alabama 69 35501 205-384-4864

Parrish Housing Authority Parrish AL 25 Bank Street 35580 205-686-7621

Sumiton Housing Authority Sumiton AL 45 Oak Circle 35148 205-648-6910

Walker County Veterans Affairs Departments provide services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. Local branches of the VA provide Walker County housing assistance to veterans who meet eligibility requirements, including Section 8 benefits offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Veterans can access Walker County Section 8 benefits, apply for Section 8, or apply for other housing assistance programs through the VA in Walker County, Alabama. Section 8 housing choice vouchers can pay for homes, townhouses, and apartments. Veterans can learn more about their housing service options, including Section 8, through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs - Walker County Jasper AL 1803 3rd Avenue, 106 35501 205-384-7277

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4850 Jasper AL 3401 Veterans Drive 35501 205-387-8940

Walker County Town and City Halls provide a range of municipal services for their residents, including low-income housing assistance. In some areas, the Town or City Hall distributes Walker County Section 8 housing choice vouchers offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Town and City Halls provide information on qualifying for Section 8 support, accessing Section 8 benefits, and paying for single-family homes or apartments with Section 8 vouchers in Walker County, Alabama. They may also provide other rental assistance programs for qualifying Walker County individuals and families. Town and City Halls provide Section 8 information on their websites.

Dora City Hall Dora AL 1485 Sharon Boulevard 35062 205-648-3211

Eldridge Town Hall Eldridge AL 208 Smothers Avenue 35554 205-924-4383

Jasper City Hall Jasper AL 400 19th Street West 35501 205-221-2100

Nauvoo Town Hall Nauvoo AL 176 McDaniel Road 35578 205-697-5890

Oakman City Hall Oakman AL 8236 MARKET St 35579 205-622-3232

Sipsey City Hall Jasper AL 3835 Sipsey Road 35504 205-648-8754

Sumiton City Hall Sumiton AL 416 State Street 35148 205-648-3294

West Jefferson Town Hall Quinton AL 7076 West Jefferson Road 35130 205-674-3219