Kane County Section 8 (Illinois)

Kane County Housing Authorities manage the federal Section 8 program offered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. A Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families, including rental housing, rental assistance programs, and Kane County Section 8 housing choice vouchers in Kane County, Illinois. The housing vouchers can be used to pay for single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments, and Kane County Housing Authorities can help determine eligibility for services, complete a Section 8 application, and they may distribute Section 8 benefits. Housing Authorities provide information on Kane County low-income housing, including Section 8, on their website.

Aurora Housing Authority Aurora IL 1630 Plum Street 60506 630-859-7210

Elgin Housing Authority Elgin IL 550 Jerusha Avenue 60123 847-742-1182

Kane County Town and City Halls provide a range of municipal services for their residents, including low-income housing assistance. In some areas, the Town or City Hall distributes Kane County Section 8 housing choice vouchers offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Town and City Halls provide information on qualifying for Section 8 support, accessing Section 8 benefits, and paying for single-family homes or apartments with Section 8 vouchers in Kane County, Illinois. They may also provide other rental assistance programs for qualifying Kane County individuals and families. Town and City Halls provide Section 8 information on their websites.

Aurora City Hall Aurora IL 44 East Downer Place 60505 630-892-8811

Batavia City Hall Batavia IL 100 North Island Avenue 60510 630-454-2000

Elgin City Hall Elgin IL 150 Dexter Court 60120 847-931-6100

Geneva City Hall Geneva IL 22 S 1st St 60134 630-232-7494

Hempshire Village Township Town Hall Hampshire IL 234 South State Street 60140 847-683-2181

Kane County Veterans Affairs Departments provide services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. Local branches of the VA provide Kane County housing assistance to veterans who meet eligibility requirements, including Section 8 benefits offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Veterans can access Kane County Section 8 benefits, apply for Section 8, or apply for other housing assistance programs through the VA in Kane County, Illinois. Section 8 housing choice vouchers can pay for homes, townhouses, and apartments. Veterans can learn more about their housing service options, including Section 8, through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Aurora Veterans Aurora IL 1194 Jericho Road 60506 630-892-2806

Batavia Overseas Batavia IL 645 South River Street 60510 630-879-6848

Elgin Veterans Affairs Department Elgin IL 254 Raymond Street 60120 847-608-0138

Kane County Veterans Assistance Commission Geneva IL 719 South Batavia Avenue 60134 630-232-5985

Veterans of Foreign Wars Montgomery IL 121 North River Street 60538 630-859-3988

Veterans of Foreign Wars Elgin IL 1601 Weld Road 60123 847-888-9809

Veterans of Foreign Wars 468 Aurora IL 106 West Indian Trail 60506 630-897-2151

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5915 Carpentersville IL 301 Lake Marian Road 60110 847-428-4836

Kane County Social Services Departments provide a range of support services, including housing assistance and housing choice vouchers, also known as Section 8. Local Social Services offices connect residents with federal programs, such as Section 8 benefits for low-income families and individuals, which are provided through the Department of Housing and Urban Development in Kane County, Illinois. They can help individuals apply for Kane County Section 8 benefits, determine eligibility for housing assistance, and distribute Section 8 vouchers. Social Services may also accept applications for low-income housing assistance, and they provide information about these services on their website.

Illinois State Social Service Department Aurora IL 8 East Galena Boulevard, Ste 100 60506 630-801-3400