Aroostook County Section 8 (Maine)

Aroostook County Housing Authorities manage the federal Section 8 program offered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. A Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families, including rental housing, rental assistance programs, and Aroostook County Section 8 housing choice vouchers in Aroostook County, Maine. The housing vouchers can be used to pay for single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments, and Aroostook County Housing Authorities can help determine eligibility for services, complete a Section 8 application, and they may distribute Section 8 benefits. Housing Authorities provide information on Aroostook County low-income housing, including Section 8, on their website.

Fort Fairfield Housing Authority Fort Fairfield ME 5 Hillcrest Est 04742 207-472-3093

Houlton Housing Authority Houlton ME 13 Clover Court, # 1 04730 207-532-7637

Van Buren Housing Authority Van Buren ME 130 Champlain Street 04785 207-868-5441

Aroostook County Town and City Halls provide a range of municipal services for their residents, including low-income housing assistance. In some areas, the Town or City Hall distributes Aroostook County Section 8 housing choice vouchers offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Town and City Halls provide information on qualifying for Section 8 support, accessing Section 8 benefits, and paying for single-family homes or apartments with Section 8 vouchers in Aroostook County, Maine. They may also provide other rental assistance programs for qualifying Aroostook County individuals and families. Town and City Halls provide Section 8 information on their websites.

Bancroft Town Hall Bancroft ME 18 Schoolhouse Rd 04497 207-456-7542

Ludlow Town Hall Ludlow ME 831 Ludlow Rd 04730 207-532-3894

Presque Isle City Hall Presque Isle ME 12 2nd Street 04769 207-764-2509

St John Town Hall St. John ME 1774 Saint John Road 04743 207-834-6444

Stacyville Town Hall Sherman ME 414 Station Road 04776 207-365-4195

Aroostook County Veterans Affairs Departments provide services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. Local branches of the VA provide Aroostook County housing assistance to veterans who meet eligibility requirements, including Section 8 benefits offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Veterans can access Aroostook County Section 8 benefits, apply for Section 8, or apply for other housing assistance programs through the VA in Aroostook County, Maine. Section 8 housing choice vouchers can pay for homes, townhouses, and apartments. Veterans can learn more about their housing service options, including Section 8, through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Maine Veterans Home Caribou ME 163 Van Buren Road, 2 04736 207-498-6074

Veterans of Foreign Wars Caribou ME 4736 Van Buren Road 04736 207-498-2761

Veterans of Foreign Wars Fort Fairfield ME 130 Presque Isle Street 04742 207-473-7420

Veterans of Foreign Wars Presque Isle ME 6 State Road 04769 207-764-5441

Veterans of Foreign Wars Ashland ME 36 Portage Rd 04732 207-435-3131