Elkhart County Section 8 (Indiana)

Elkhart County Housing Authorities manage the federal Section 8 program offered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. A Housing Authority provides housing options for low-income individuals and families, including rental housing, rental assistance programs, and Elkhart County Section 8 housing choice vouchers in Elkhart County, Indiana. The housing vouchers can be used to pay for single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments, and Elkhart County Housing Authorities can help determine eligibility for services, complete a Section 8 application, and they may distribute Section 8 benefits. Housing Authorities provide information on Elkhart County low-income housing, including Section 8, on their website.

Elkhart Housing Authority Elkhart IN 1396 Benham Avenue 46516 574-295-8392

Goshen Housing Authority Goshen IN 1101 West Lincoln Avenue 46526 574-533-9925

Elkhart County Town and City Halls provide a range of municipal services for their residents, including low-income housing assistance. In some areas, the Town or City Hall distributes Elkhart County Section 8 housing choice vouchers offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Town and City Halls provide information on qualifying for Section 8 support, accessing Section 8 benefits, and paying for single-family homes or apartments with Section 8 vouchers in Elkhart County, Indiana. They may also provide other rental assistance programs for qualifying Elkhart County individuals and families. Town and City Halls provide Section 8 information on their websites.

Bristol Town Hall Bristol IN 303 East Vistula Street 46507 574-848-7007

Elkhart City Hall Elkhart IN 229 South 2nd Street 46516 574-522-5272

Middlebury Town Hall Middlebury IN 418 North Main Street 46540 574-825-1499

Nappanee City Hall Nappanee IN 300 West Lincoln Street, Rm XX 46550 574-773-2112

Wakarusa Town Hall Wakarusa IN 100 West Waterford Street 46573 574-862-2245

Elkhart County Veterans Affairs Departments provide services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. Local branches of the VA provide Elkhart County housing assistance to veterans who meet eligibility requirements, including Section 8 benefits offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Veterans can access Elkhart County Section 8 benefits, apply for Section 8, or apply for other housing assistance programs through the VA in Elkhart County, Indiana. Section 8 housing choice vouchers can pay for homes, townhouses, and apartments. Veterans can learn more about their housing service options, including Section 8, through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Disabled American Veterans Elkhart IN 1205 Middleton Run Road 46516 574-293-0761

Disabled American Veterans Goshen IN 708 West Pike Street 46526 574-533-2924

Elkhart County Veterans Services Elkhart IN 320 West High Street 46516 574-523-2342

Veterans of Foreign Wars Elkhart IN 1519 West Bristol Street 46514 574-264-1000

Veterans of Foreign Wars Goshen IN 1201 West Pike Street 46526 574-533-6460