Cherokee County Section 8 (Iowa)

Cherokee County Town and City Halls provide a range of municipal services for their residents, including low-income housing assistance. In some areas, the Town or City Hall distributes Cherokee County Section 8 housing choice vouchers offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Town and City Halls provide information on qualifying for Section 8 support, accessing Section 8 benefits, and paying for single-family homes or apartments with Section 8 vouchers in Cherokee County, Iowa. They may also provide other rental assistance programs for qualifying Cherokee County individuals and families. Town and City Halls provide Section 8 information on their websites.

Aurelia City Hall Aurelia IA 236 Main Street 51005 712-434-2025

Cherokee City Hall Cherokee IA 416 West Main Street 51012 712-225-5749

Cleghorn Town Hall Cleghorn IA 102 North Lewis Avenue 51014 712-436-2474

Meriden Town Hall Meriden IA 113 Eagle Street 51037 712-443-8840

Quimby City Hall Quimby IA 101 E 2nd Ave 51049 712-445-2319

Washta Town Hall Washta IA 206 Main Street 51061 712-447-6216

Cherokee County Veterans Affairs Departments provide services to veterans, including Armed Forces veterans and Reserve veterans. Local branches of the VA provide Cherokee County housing assistance to veterans who meet eligibility requirements, including Section 8 benefits offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Veterans can access Cherokee County Section 8 benefits, apply for Section 8, or apply for other housing assistance programs through the VA in Cherokee County, Iowa. Section 8 housing choice vouchers can pay for homes, townhouses, and apartments. Veterans can learn more about their housing service options, including Section 8, through a local Veterans Affairs Office or the Veteran Affairs website.

Cherokee County Department of Veterans Affairs Cherokee IA 212 1/2 West Main Street 51012 712-225-6319

Veterans of Foreign Wars Cherokee IA 113 East Maple Street 51012 712-221-4866